At Ultramax Sports, we have always been squarely focused on expanding the fitness movement and getting people moving so they can enjoying an active lifestyle. Our stores continue to be focused on that philosophy. Our raw enthusiasm and love for sport was the passion and inspiration behind the opening of Ultramax Sports. Together the owners, Mark and Amy have finished hundreds of multi-sport events together, including 15 Ironman Triathlons. Among those Ironman finishes is a rare husband-wife appearance at the 2002 Ironman World Triathlon Championships, held on the Big Island of Hawaii.
Amy is a certified USA Triathlon coach and two-time USA Triathlon All-American. Mark is the Director of Ultramax Events, producing more than 150 multi-sport events, including six USA Triathlon National Championships. We’re excited to share our background, expertise and sports passion! We want to personally invite you to stop by one of our stores and experience it for yourself.
Event Date: Saturday, April 19, 2014
• Half Marathon = 7:00AM
• 5K = TBA
Event Classification: Road Race
Event Distances: Half Marathon (13.1 Miles) & 5K (3.1 Miles)
Women's Half Marathon Entry Fee Schedule:
• Early Entry Discount Through 1/31/14 = $60
• Through 3/18/14 = $65
• Through 4/17/14 = $75
• Packet Pickup & Race Day = $85
Half Marathon 4-Person Power Pack = $240 (Available up to the start of packet pickup)
Half Marathon Go Girl Multiple City Signup - Sign up for multiple Go Girl Half Marathons and receive a discount. Sign up for the first Go Girl at full price to receive $25 off of any additional Go Girl Runs that you decide to do. You will receive the discount code in your confirmation email.
5K Entry Fee Schedule: (Check out the NEW Couple's Division for the 5K)
• Early Entry Discount Through 1/31/14 = $30
• Through 4/17/14 = $35
• Packet Pickup & Race Day = $39
• Couples Combo Entry = $60
• All 5K participants have the opportunity to upgrade their cotton shirt to a New Balance Technical t-shirt for just $10! This option is available when registering online or through one of our stores/mail-in.
NEW - 5K 4-Person Power Pack = $120 (Available up to the start of packet pickup)
*Please note that all entry fees listed above do not include any credit card or other online processing fees.
NOTICE - We highly discourage but will not restrict men from entering the Half Marathon event. There will be no male award categories in either race distance. The Half Marathon was intended for women. We hope our male population will respect that. The 5K will be open to both men and women. Men are welcome and encouraged to enter the 5K event - we even added a Couples Division (see below)!
• Option #1: Register online now! Click the button below to begin:
• Option #2: Download and print out the manual registration form by clicking the button below. Fill out the form and either mail to or drop off at either our Columbia or Springfield retail locations:
Ultramax Sports Columbia
700 E. Broadway
Columbia, MO 65203
Ultramax Sports Springfield
1254 E. Republic Rd.
Springfield, MO 65804
• Option #3: Simply stop by one of the three Ultramax Sports retail stores and sign up. Remember, if you register at one of our retail locations, you will receive Active Rewards! For every $250 you spend at the store, you will receive $30 to use toward anything in the store, including other Ultramax Events. Visit our retail website to learn more information about Active Rewards and to find the Ultramax Sports location closest to you!
Let everyone know that you're training for the Go Girl Half Marathon! With any registration, you will have the option to add on a white long sleeve or short sleeve New Balance Technical "Go Girl In-Training" shirt! Prices listed below include direct shipping to you! Shirts will be printed and shipped every Tuesday. Start showing your Go Girl training pride today!
Training Shirt Prices:
• Short Sleeve = $28
• Long Sleeve = $35
• All Half Marathon participants will receive a New Balance women's cut technical t-shirt.
• 5K participants will receive a women's cut cotton t-shirt.
**All 5K participants will have the option to upgrade to the New Balance Technical Shirt for $10 when they register.
• Boutique Expo with women-specific vendors.
• New 5K Couples Competition - Grab your significant other and race together! See below for more information.
• Ultramax Sports Pace Teams
• Go Girl On-Demand apparel available at Packet Pickup and on Race Day.
• Custom Go-Girl Finisher Medals for both the Half and the 5K!
• Custom-etched wine glasses for all finishers.
• Champagne served at the finish line.
• Extended finish time limit for walkers.
• Free Post-Race Massage
• Overall & Age Group Awards - We go four-deep in every age group!
• Live Results Station
• Free Race Photos
• USATF Sanctioned Race
• USATF Certified Course
• Half Marathon & 5K Run Female Individual Age Group Award Categories: 5-Year Increments (14 and Under, 15-19, 20-24, 25-29, 30-34, 35-39, 40-44, 45-49, 50-54, 55-59, 60-64, 65-69, 70-74, 75-79, 80 & Over)
• 5K Couples Competition Awards Categories: Open Combined Age (80 & Under), Masters Combined Age (Over 80), Grand Masters Combined Age (Over 100)
• Awards will be presented to the Top Female Half Marathon and 5K Champions
• Awards will also be presented to the Top Three in each Age Group Division
• Be sure to stick around after the race for the award ceremony. If you recieve an award, you'll be required to be present at the ceremony. We will not be shipping awards in 2014!
The 2014 Go Girl Run will be sanctioned with USA Track and Field. USA Track & Field competition rules will apply. The complete list of rules can be found at http://www.usatf.org/.
Please review the following rules prior to registering:
• Roller blades will not be allowed on the race course.
• Race numbers are required to take part in the race. If you are caught as a bandit or running with another person's bib, you will be banned from participating in Ultramax Sports event for a period of two years.
• iPods & Other Audio Devices - We strongly recommend that you do not use iPods or other audio devices during the race. Choosing to use an audio device will not result in disqualification, but you will compromise your safety and that of others. If you are unable to hear verbal instructions or commands, approaching vehicles or course marshals on bicycles because of your device, you may be asked to relinquish it and face disqualification. Please use consideration and good judgment in this area.
Strollers on the Course: Strollers are allowed, however, we ask if you run or walks with a stroller to start at the back of the pack. Bicycles, inline skates, or animals (except service dogs) will not be allowed on the course for safety reasons.
• IPICO Timing System - Chips will be in your race packet at packet pickup. Please follow the simple instructions on the packet carefully. Not wearing the transponder properly may prevent you from being timed.
• Transponders are non-transferable - be careful not to switch with other participants.
• The chip must be on your shoe at all times or you will not be scored in the event. Your timing chip will be removed by volunteers once you reach the finish line.
• Failure to return a chip will result in disqualification from all future events owned or timed by Ultramax. In addition, you will be charged a $20 replacement fee. If you find you still have your timing chip after the race, please mail it to:
Ultramax Sports Productions
700 E. Broadway
Columbia, MO 65203
Contact Us Here
Refund Policy: 50% of your entry fee will be refunded up until 30 days from race date. Refunds are not available for any reason, other than active military service, less than 30 days prior to an event. Event entries are transferable between persons, however, event entries ARE NOT transferable between events or years. We are sorry, but we will not be able to make exceptions to this policy. By registering for this event, you agree to these refund terms. To request a refund or transfer to another person, simply fill out and submit a form on our Contact Us Page.
Weather Policy: In the event of inclement weather, the event will be postponed as long as possible in hopes the inclement weather will pass. If the event is cancelled a 25% credit for next year will be issued for all registered and paid in full participants in the 2013 event. No refunds or transfers will be issued if the event is cancelled due to inclement weather.
We are recruiting a team of dedicated volunteers to assist in helping each participant reach her goal. We have positions of all kinds where volunteers can see the start, portions of the race and even the finish. Nearly 100% of all unsolicited racer comments include praise for our volunteers; this is truly what makes these events possible. The racers really appreciate your time because they know and realize they could not pursue this sport without volunteers. If you are interested in volunteering, please take a second to fill out our Volunteer Inquiry Form.